05 December 2009 22:04
Rulings Regarding Salah (Namaaz)
Salah is the greatest basic principle of Islam after La ilaha illallaah Muhammadur
Rasulullaah. It is a pillar of Islam, which in the Quran, Allah has repeatedly commanded
to be upheld. It is Fard upon every man and women who has attained maturity and is
sane. He who denies it being Fard is outside the pale of Islam.
Faraid Of Salah
There are six Fard acts of Salah:
1) At-Tahrimah (the first Allahu Akbar)
2) Qiyam (standing)
3) Qira’ah (recitation of Quran) ever if it be an Ayah.
6) The final sitting for the duration of Tashshahud
Wajibat Of Salah
There are twelve Wajibat of Salah:
1) Recitation of Surah al-Fatihah
2) To join a Surah or three Ayat with it
3) To read al Fatihah before the Surah
4) To recite in the first two Rak’at of the Farraid
5) Coming to a standstill in each posture (Itminan)
6) The first sitting
7) Tashshahud in the first and second sitting
8) The word, ‘Salaam’, when intending to end the Salah
9) Qunut in Witr
10) The extra Takbirs of Id
11) For the Imam to read Qira-ah aloud in Fajr, Jumu’ah, the two ‘Ids, Tarawih,
Witr of Ramadan and the first two Rak’at of Maghrib and ‘Isha
12) For the imam to read Qira-ah softly in Zhuhr and ‘Asr and after the first two
Rak’at of Mahrib amd ‘Isha.
Please note that if a Wajib is omitted deliberately, it is Wajib to repeat the Salah. If it was
forgotten then Sujudus Sahw suffices.
(These notes are taken from the book At-Tashil ad-Daruri of the Masail of al-Quduri –